But that's nothing new.
Every year, I convince myself I'll write something real, or rather, something not-so-real, okay, something non-blog real. Whatever, there's a point here.
The point is, I need to write outside the box.
I've come close once or twice. One year, I even went so far as to pen down a few thoughts on legitimate paper. Fancy.
But I never actually wrote anything real, let alone, finished an essay.
So I took it slow-ish.
HAHA.
If you believe that you don't know me at all.
No sir, I sat down last night and spewed forth the words of my creation until I felt it was just so.
I followed da rules. I prepped my email for submission and saved the draft.
The thoughts were already there. I had known almost immediately what I wanted to write about when I first read the proposal, When did you first understand the meaning of love?
To be fair, I toyed with a few other ideas first, the givens mostly. You know, children, marriage, yada, yada.
But, ultimately, there is one topic I knew I had something to talk about.
So, I did it.
Written and otherwise,
Done.
Fun fact learned while editing: I never indent my paragraphs; a hazard of four years spent blogging and a love affair with poetry I suppose. But when I reviewed previous entries, I realized no one else indented either. Do magazines just not indent? How far behind the times am I? I digress.
I expect nothing from this other than the satisfaction of crossing another item off THE List. I write because it soothes me. Writing has always been an outlet for me; a way to express the words that bubble under the service of my emotions and this time was no different.
The contest winner won't be notified until January 9th, 2012; therefore, I can't let you read my entry until after I'm undoubtedly, NOT notified ;)
I will disclose this little teaser, my essay entry is titled, A Mighty Fortress.
Enjoy the wait.

1 comment:
Wow, that is great! You are so much braver than I am with writing. I'm not sure I could muster up enough courage to submit anything for a contest or to be published.
I can't wait to read it!
Post a Comment