Let's get one thing straight, this is all about ME!
And I'm only sort of kidding. In researching this concept, I nearly fell out of my chair at some of the lists I encountered. One woman went so far as to let 29 other people in her life give her a challenge. I love you guys, but not quite that much ;)
There were also many prevalent themes throughout these lists, and my list is no exception. Lose weight anyone? Family photo?
Then there were those list items that made me really confused...things like "buy matching lingerie;" you have to wonder how they wrote that post!
Of course, my darling husband had a few suggestions too like, "become a sports mom" (because I can alter my personality that much). Or "change a tire," um, hello, that's what husbands, brothers, and sons are for right? Yeah, let's not get crazy here. *snicker*
Moving along.
The point is, this is my take on the classic thirty before thirty project.
There were also many prevalent themes throughout these lists, and my list is no exception. Lose weight anyone? Family photo?
Then there were those list items that made me really confused...things like "buy matching lingerie;" you have to wonder how they wrote that post!
Of course, my darling husband had a few suggestions too like, "become a sports mom" (because I can alter my personality that much). Or "change a tire," um, hello, that's what husbands, brothers, and sons are for right? Yeah, let's not get crazy here. *snicker*
Moving along.
The point is, this is my take on the classic thirty before thirty project.
My real goal in doing this is to create a new focus; find a fun, productive way to shift gears from the pregnancy/baby years of my life to this new phase which just so happens to coincide with my 30th birthday.
I'm not looking to change the world here, just challenge myself a little, and in some cases (cough, cough, football), a lot.
That means everything on this list is something I've thought about more than once in recent years. Things I just haven't gotten around to completing while I was busy doing all that gestating.
Let's get on with it already:
- make a recipe from the Pioneer Woman
- write our 'love story'
- get current on "currently reading" books
- update email address
- paint stripes somewhere in the house
- chronicle THE List via blogging
- 10th anniversary trip
- complete reading through the Bible
- establish a well functioning command center
- get within 15 lbs of ideal weight
- find fun & funky pillows for downstairs couches
- tackle old photos
- submit writing for contest and/or publication
- get a complete physical
- attempt to appreciate A (as in singular) football game
- serve in a ministry opportunity outside my comfort zone
- define my style
- learn how to create (and execute) a polished look
- wean baby J
- pay off the van
- take a non-traditional family photo
- paint upstairs landing
- make final decision on amazing grace tattoo
- complete a DIY home project
- go to the dentist
- take a hike (or two)
- do something about my mixer
- donate blood
- make master packing list for trips
- sleep for 8 consecutive hours
4 comments:
Steven and I are planning a 5 year anniversary trip. Hawaii via Comicon!
I love this Katie. Sounds like alot of fun. can't wait to read about your progress.
My goal would be the same I think just stay sane raising a 3 year old :-)
My favorite is the 10 year anniversary trip. We had SUCH fun on ours! :)
1. I can't wait to find out which one you choose.
2. Cute.. I don't even think I know your love story!
3. This reminds me, that I need to do this also.
4. Very practical, and needed!
5. Ooh.. fancy.
6. Can't wait to read!
7. Let's keep this PG please.
8. Ditto.
9. This has been on my to-do list for ages.
10. You can do it!
11. Now, you're getting crazy!
12. Good luck!
13. Go for it.. you are so talented.
14. Eeek!
15. Your boys will love this.
16. Yikes, this is the scariest thing on your list!
17. Chic!
18. Can you teach me?
19. Bittersweet.
20. Awesome goal.
21. My favorite kind. Wish I could be your photographer!
22. Color choice?
23. Location?
24. Painting doesn't count?
25. My arch nemesis.
26. Just don't go with a Harland.
27. Is it broken?
28. Ok, maybe THIS one is that scariest thing on your list!
29. Need vacation ideas? I hear SoCal has some very hospitable residents.
30. Zzzzzz.
Post a Comment