Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

#15 attempt to appreciate A (as in singular) football game

Technically.

And I do mean, technically, I did this one.

I attempted.

Half-heartedly.

More than once even.

But, alas, and all those other words...

This nearly-thirty-year-old just doesn't do football.

I did learn a few things along the way.

For example, I now know that a down is the same thing as saying a try. As in, 2nd down (out of 4, thank you very much) is the second attempt at securing 10 yards. That brings me to my next piece of pigskin-playing knowledge. I know that the goal is to score 10 yards during your 4 given downs.

That's about it. The teams take turns doing something simple, but calling it something fancy.

And I still don't understand all the positions.

Or how you find the ball on the field. I mean, that thing is tiny and there are so many big men all around it. Why bother? It's like trying to play Where's Waldo but he forgot to wear his stripes.

*sigh*

I even tried to go to a Panthers game when we scored free tickets on Christmas Eve...but the football hater, I mean, good mother in me, won out and I let Mr. 30x30 take three kids with him instead.

I was not here. But people who share my DNA were. Totally counts.


So...I did say attempt to appreciate right?

Do I get credit?

I say yes.

1 comment:

kt said...

Where were you in during all those games in high school? Didn't you have to watch and twirl or something? But, I do agree that it can be hard to change at such an old age. ;)