done-done-done-done-done!
Now that we're clear on that, here's a re-cap.
August 2011- I prayed for God to show me how to meet this need.
September 2011- Women's ministry leader approaches me about trying out writing dialog for our annual women's Christmas event.
And then...God just rocked my world (He's got a real knack for that sort of thing).
Let me just go all bullet-style on you here for a minute to convey how this all went down:
- wrote dialog based on someone else's vision
- participated in a team effort re-vision
- trusted someone else to add to the script when life events (hello bi-polar teenage daughter) kept me from giving 100% to the project
- volunteered to decorate a table (Sooooo outside my element it's not even funny) for the event
- invited my closest friends (and subsequently hurt feelings left and right...not part of the plan, but certainly part of the outside my comfort zone)
- sat up front so that I couldn't read any one's response during the performance (and thought I might die for fear everyone hated the play)
- walked on stage to acknowledge my role in the event
THAT is how you serve outside your comfort zone my friends (okay, so it's how *I* served outside my comfort zone, whatever). And this is what it looks like:
The table...a group effort (china from my sister, glasses from a friend, candles from another friend, shopping trips with another friend, and well, you get the idea).
table crafts inspired by Better Homes and Gardens... don't laugh
Look, friends and prayer warriors united!
Play in action...I wrote those lines! Holy crap!
and what's a performance without a little flare of the dramatic...which is what happened when my sister noticed a napkin (okay, so it was a bandanna, you caught me) on fire, literally.
Funniest thing ever. My sister flapping around a flaming napkin.
Post-fire relief...that's me in the middle!
The play went live on Tuesday, with a repeat performance on Thursday and three more shows this weekend!!
I am humbled beyond measure to see how God can take my small prayer and use it for His glory. The words I wrote were just words, nothing fancy, nothing fantastic. But when you add those words to God's plan of a gifted producer and director, talented, willing actors...you get something inspirational and I am forever changed by my role in this experience.
Thank you to everyone who prayed me through this.
#16 may be crossed from my list, but my heart will continue to be obedient to God's calling to serve outside my comfort zone.
May the praise, honor and glory be His!
No comments:
Post a Comment