Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Good, Bad, & the Ugly: Progress, Failures & Procrastination

*PROGRESS*
 #3, #12


#3 get current on "currently reading" books 

I didn't notice until after I shared this photo of my stash, 


to be continued...

but every one of my not-quite-finished-novels, are NON-FICTION. Isn't that interesting? Okay, boring maybe, but given my addiction to self-help books, it's not exactly astounding that all these titles fall into my favorite category.

I decided to wait until  I'd finished all the books in my favorite fiction series before embarking on my quest to completion. That means I waited until January and then I got cracking.


Searching for God Knows What  by Donald Miller, resumed on page 66...and completed in less than a week.

Financial Peace: Restoring Financial Hope to You and Your Family  by Dave Ramsey, resumed on page 190...finished in one evening.

The Highly Sensitive Child by Elaine N. Aron Ph.D., honestly, this one shouldn't have even counted, my book mark was still on the roman numeral pages of the intro! But whatever, it made the list and I read it in 8 days.

The Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy, Organized Home: Fast Solutions to Hundreds of Everyday Dilemmas by Kathy Peel, picked up in January with 80 pages remaining. Read here and there (mostly waiting for the  last few minutes on the oven timer) and had it finished by early February.

The remaining four titles, I actually did read more of...just didn't finish. But I will...eventually.


#12 tackle old photos


I started this? Remember? Fingers crossed, just maybe, maybe, I'll finish in the next 36 hours...





*FAIL*
 #7, #10, #20


#7 10th anniversary trip AND #20 pay off the van


This duo truly goes hand in hand. Thanks to financial failure in my past, we had to use the money we intended for the above to meet a more pressing need (um, hello, judgement). 
It seemed ridiculous and frivolous to go on a trip when we had bigger financial needs, so while I can't redeem our 10th anniversary (trip for our 15th maybe?), our van WILL be payed off no later than next March. So there. Done BEFORE I turn 31...do I get half credit? ;)


#10 get within 15 lbs of ideal weight

I'm no better, and sadly, slightly worse, than where I started. I made a bit of progress back in November, and kept it off until February. Then, not so much. What I know about myself, I eat when I am not in control. I double the portions, purge, and just fall into the abyss of tasty goodness when I feel defeated.

My two reasons for feeling out of control are:

1. medical crisis
2. financial upset

Anything else and I can push ahead and at least maintain my weight. But throw one of those two bad boys in the mix and I give up. Thus, when the financial drama flared in February/March and our little guy had medical  issues in May/June; I gained weight.

I will reach this goal. I must. Or there will be no 40 by 40.


*PROCRASTINATION*
 #14, #21, #25


#14 get a complete physical 
See #10.


#21 take a non-traditional family photo
See #10.


#25 go to the dentist


pro·cras·ti·nate (pr-krst-nt, pr-)
v. pro·cras·ti·nat·edpro·cras·ti·nat·ingpro·cras·ti·nates
v.intr.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.
v.tr.
To postpone or delay needlessly.







No comments: